Alpha Test Feedback Sep 17th 2016

Scores from this playtest are shown below, please provide your feedback on your experience!

Scores

https://player.ageofascent.com/Home/ScoresEmbed/2016-09-17/

Release Notes

• We are trying some new server net code, please let us know responsiveness and ping times in forum.
  • Free-for-All (FFA) – all ships are hostile
  • Dual Projectile Multi-Cannons, 320 rounds/sec (19.2k per min), velocity 4 km/s, 7 km range
  • Next playtest after this one will be in four weeks (Sat Oct 15th)

If you want to know the bigger picture and where we are heading don’t forget to check out: About Age of Ascent

Thank you all for joining us on this journey!

Excellent test today. Felt very responsive and was lots of fun. It was 30ms whenever I remembered to look at the ping times in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Also, I got killed by a ‘testerman’ but I don’t see him listed in the scores.

Thanks!

No problems at all, except the inability to switch Y-axis/pitch, I kept pressing Y but nothing happend. Or maybe I misunderstood the instructions. But besides that, responsive, chaotic(in a good way) and fun!

Amazing performance, very smooth graphics. Being my first time, I wasted a bunch of time just getting used to the controls.

Very good overall. I saw my ping rates very low however i did notice that periodically all ships would pause for a second before continuing to move around. I can possibly chalk this up to my connection personally if no one else saw this particular issue but to me about 1 second every 10 seconds or so everyone stops before continuing on. I didn’t see any “jumping” per say where the ships would be in a totally new position after the pause. Just my personal experience.

Unfortunately didn’t do a movie of the event to document things like this like I wanted. I had a IRL event that day that took priority and didn’t get a chance to set the movie player up before I started the test.

Otherwise I am extremely impressed with the game, being able to run this on a very basic Dell laptop in the quality observed was extremely fun!